People think I went to a lot of trouble when I serve these packets. Individual aluminum foil pouches hold the juices in during baking to keep the herbed chicken moist and tender. It saves time and makes cleanup a breeze. —Edna Shaffer, Beulah, Michigan
Test Kitchen Approved
Total Time Prep/Total Time: 30 min.Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms, carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper, thyme and salt if desired.
- Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
1 serving: 175 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.