Sliced mushrooms star in this tender turkey recipe. It takes just minimal preparation and makes a healthy main dish when served with a side of brown rice. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Test Kitchen Approved
Total Time Prep/Total Time: 15 min. Makes 2 servings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add turkey; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add the broth, tomato paste, mushrooms and salt to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Return turkey to the pan and heat through.
1 cup: 209 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.