The best time for this dessert is mid-summer, when the blueberries are thick in our northern woods. Red raspberries can be added to the mixed berries, too, to brighten up the patriotic colors.—Anne Theriault, Wellesley, Massachusetts
Test Kitchen Approved
Total Time Prep/Total Time: 15 min. Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup fat-free vanilla or strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Place strawberries and blueberries in separate bowls. Drizzle each with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mint.
- Spoon strawberries into four parfait glasses. Layer each with yogurt mixture and blueberries. If desired, top with coconut.
Look for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
1 parfait (calculated without coconut): 172 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.