I’ve liked the chicken and artichoke combo for a long time. Here’s my own lemony twist. With all the praise it gets, this dinner is so much fun to serve. —Carly Giles, Hoquiam, Washington
Test Kitchen Approved
Total Time Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. In a small bowl, mix rosemary, thyme and pepper; sprinkle half over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, onion, wine, garlic, remaining oil and remaining herb mixture; toss to coat. Arrange around chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese; top with lemon slices.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup artichoke mixture: 339 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.