This delicious Cranberry Upside Down Cake is perfect for the holidays! The tart cranberries are a great contrast to the sweet cake, and it’s sure to please everyone at your table.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch round baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
3. Pour half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle cranberries evenly over batter. Spread remaining batter over cranberries. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and pecans; sprinkle over top of cake. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
This Cranberry Upside Down Cake is the perfect dessert for your next holiday gathering! The tart cranberries are a great contrast to the sweet cake, and everyone will love it. Enjoy!