1) TURMERIC TEA
• 1 cup hot water
• ½ tsp fresh grated turmeric
• dash of black pepper
• raw honey to taste
• squeeze of lime (makes turmeric more bioavailable)
Heat up the water until it boils. Add turmeric and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the water from the stove and strain the tea. Add the remaining ingredients. Let it sit for 10 minutes then serve.
2) TURMERIC JUICE
• ½ lemon
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powder or ½ inch turmeric root
• sea salt
Juice the lemon and turmeric, spice it with a pinch of salt, pour it in a glass and drink it. If you don’t have a juicer you can use fresh lemon, squeeze it and add turmeric powder and salt in it.
3) TURMERIC SCRAMBLE
Add some turmeric on your traditional eggs in the morning.
4) TURMERIC SOUP
• 1 knuckle chopped/grated turmeric
• 4 cups veggie or organic bone broth
Heat up some water until it boils. Add both turmeric and broth and simmer for 15 minutes, strain chunks out, add some black pepper and enjoy in the new flavor of your soup.
5) TURMERIC SMOOTHIE
Add some turmeric in your favourite smoothie or try this recipe
1 tsp turmeric powder/fresh turmeric
½ coconut or almond milk
1 tsp hemp seed hearts
1 ½ cups frozen pineapple or mango
1 tsp maca root
2 tbsp coconut flakes
dash of black pepper
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
6) GOLDEN MILK
If you are in a hurry you can simply mix some warm milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. If you have some time to spare then try the recipe below.
• 1 tsp turmeric powder/fresh grated
• ¼ cup water
• ¼ tsp ginger powder/fresh grated
• ¼ tsp vanilla
• dash of cardamom
• dash of clove
• dash of cinnamon
• 1 cup coconut or almond milk
• 2 tsp raw honey
Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer them for 1 min. Pour in a cup and enjoy.
7) TURMERIC KEFIR
• 1 gallon Filtered or Spring Water
• 1 cup of fresh Turmeric or ⅓ cup dried whole root
• 1 cup organic sugar or rapadure
• 1 cup of fresh Ginger
• ½ cup Water Kefir Grains
1. First you need to peel the ginger and turmeric and roughly chop.
2. Then pour the water into a pan, put it on the stove and bring to a boil.
3. Put the ginger and turmeric into the pot.
4. Lover the temperature, cover the pot and cook for an hour.
5. When is done move to the refrigerator to cool.
6. When it cools, strain out the ginger and the turmeric.
7. Then pour the liquid into a large one gallon glass jar.
8. Then add the sugar or rapadura and mix up until it is dissolved.
9. Lastly add the water kefir grains.
10. Cover the glass with a dish towel and let it sit for 3-5 days.
11. Try it- if it tastes tangy, a bit sour and is fizzy then it’s done.
12. Keep it in the refrigerator and enjoy it whenever you want.