The dish Fried Cabbage with Bacon is a dish that can be made in many different ways. Some people like to use bacon as the main ingredient, while others prefer to slice it thin and fry it with cabbage. The differences are endless depending on what you like!
The recipe for this dish is very simple: Slice some bacon into small pieces and fry them until they are crispy. Then add thinly sliced green cabbage and cook until barely softened, about 5 minutes or so. Add salt and pepper for taste if desired, then serve hot!
It’s a delicious recipe that even kids will love because of how tasty fried food always seems to be! And it’s a great way to get them to eat their veggies too.
If you want to make the dish a bit more filling, you could try adding in some cooked sausage, ham, or even shredded chicken. You could also add in some onions or garlic for extra flavor.
So next time you’re looking to add a little bit of bacon flavor to your meal, try this recipe for Fried Cabbage with Bacon!
1 head of cabbage, shredded
6-8 slices of bacon, diced
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
2. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Add the shredded cabbage to the bacon fat and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet and toss to combine.
5. Cook until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve warm, topped with crispy bacon. Enjoy!
This dish is simple but delicious and perfect for a winter dinner. The bacon adds a salty, smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with tart vinegar and sweet brown sugar. Give it a try!